Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A life without cause is a life without effect.
-Barbarella


Love my new LuLu outfit!  I wish I had a job there just to wear the clothes!  Get your own at www.lululemon.com



Krazy Mommy Moment:

All right, so we have already discovered that I am a little bit of a control freak.  I am really having an anxiety attack right now!  I am going to my parents' house for spring break next week.  I am so excited to see them, they are awesome!  However, when I go there, I slip back into lazy mommy mode!  I want to be lazy, shop, and eat all day! I have already looked online and found a gym that I can go to everyday, but what about the food!  I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings or be a pain in the butt about eating clean.  I am bringing some of my own food, and I guess I will just
do my best to eat healthy while I am there.  I saved up my cheat day for Saturday, and I can take another one anytime next week, so I guess I will be OK!  I need to just relax and have fun, I know that.  Why oh why am I such a psycho?


This Week's Measurements!:



Not a lot of changes this week!  I get to start cardio again next week!  I have never been so excited to do cardio in my life!  I guess a month without it will do that to you!  I am hoping to see more of a change after that!

Chest: 35 1/2 " (no change)
Biceps: 11" (no change)
Waist: 26" (no change)
Butt: 35" (no change)
Thigh: 19" (-1/4") 

Weight: 119.2 (+0.4 lb.)
Body Fat: 18.4 (-.6%)

I am so loving this workout!  Thank you Jaime E and bodybuilding.com!  I am actually even considering competing in a novice bikini comp this fall!  Oh my @*%#!  I can't even believe I am thinking about this.  It would be scary, and empowering, and awesome!!!!

Healthy Eating Tip:


Flaxseed has become a staple in my diet!  I love the health benefits of this tiny little seed! I add it into everything from oatmeal to cookies!  Here is some research about why you should incorporate flax into your diet too.

The Benefits of Flaxseed

Is flaxseed the new wonder food? Preliminary studies show that flaxseed may help fight everything from heart disease and diabetes to breast cancer.
 
By
WebMD Expert Column
 
Some call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. There’s some evidence it may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. That’s quite a tall order for a tiny seed that’s been around for centuries: flaxseed.
Flaxseed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC, according to the Flax Council of Canada. By the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it. Fast-forward 13 centuries, and some experts would say we have preliminary research to back up what Charlemagne suspected all those years ago.
These days, flaxseed is found in all kinds of foods, from crackers to frozen waffles to oatmeal. The Flax Council estimates close to 300 new flax-based products were launched in the U.S. and Canada in 2010 alone. Not only has consumer demand for flaxseed gone up, agricultural use has also increased -- to feed all those chickens laying eggs that are higher in omega-3 fatty acids.
Although flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components, it owes its healthy reputation primarily to three ingredients:
  • Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
  • Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
  • Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.

Clean Eating Recipe:


Turkey Paninis





Ingredients:
8 slices of sprouted protein bread
12 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil) patted dry and halved
2 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced
6 (1-oz)slices reduced sodium fresh deli turkey
1 1/2 cups arugula or spinach leaves

Instructions:

Layer 4 slices of bread with 6 pieces of tomato, half ounce of cheese, on and a half slices of turkey, and top half of bread.  Toast sandwich in panini press on medium heat until lightly browned. 

260 calories
6 g. fat
14 g. protein

No comments:

Post a Comment