Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012


Krazy Mommy Moment:

This week I had a total Ah-Ha moment! (brought to my attention by my best g friend). I am a total control freak!  I have no desire to control other people.  In fact, I spend all of my time attempting to control myself and my environment.  I think since I have stopped working, I feel a little bit lost.  I'm not so sure about my place in the world anymore.  I was really good at my job, and I loved it!  I miss my  colleagues and all of my kiddos so much.  I think that I have transferred that into my now jobless life by giving myself a rigid schedule of cleaning, eating, and exercising!  Holy Crap!  I don't know if this is healthy!  I spend my days now cleaning, making lists, exercising, and eating a very planned out clean diet.  As my good friends know well, don't mess with my schedule or I get a little crazy!  As soon as the kids come home from school I feel purpose again and the importance of myself and my to do list diminishes.  I get to focus on them again. I am going to work on not being so rigid and inflexible (is that a word?).  I might even stop making lists about what list to conquer first!

Workout Schedule:


This is my last week of the Jaime Eason 30 Day Knockout!  Yea.  I am sooo excited to be done.  I loved the workout don't get me wrong.  I see totally awesome results in the overall tone of my muscles.  I just loose motivation and drive when I do the same routines for an extended period of time.  I did learn that deadlifts are my butt's best friend!  O.K., so after my confession above, this won't surprise you.  I have already planned, printed off, and put in page protectors in my workout binder.........my workouts for the next 12 weeks!  I really am disturbed aren't I?  I am going to try a 12 week workout that I found at bodybuilding.com.  It is called 12 Week LiveFit Trainer by Jaime Eason.  It looks really intense, but I am really excited to start next week.  It is supposed to get you totally competition ready in just 12 weeks.  The diet is included too. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html?page=2 I will keep you posted on my results and progress.  By the way, I will absolutely not be entering into any competitions!  Walking across a stage in a bikini and heels?  My worst nightmare! 

Noodle Let Down:

So my Miracle Noodles finally got here.  I was so excited at the prospect of calorie free noodles, however, Miracle Noodles, not such a miracle after all.  The texture is really weird and they are super stinky!  Not just a slight odor, I mean Smelly Cat smelly!  I ordered a bunch, so I guess I will have to eat them.  I am totally not a waster, so I will have to make the best of them. I did see some tofu noodles at Sprouts yesterday, so I will try those when my Miracles have all disappeared. 

Clean Eating Recipe:

Oh my gosh!  Tried this recipe from Hungry-Girl.com for lunch yesterday. It is so delicious!


Crispy White PizzaCrispy White Pizza
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 200 calories, 3.25g fat, 930mg sodium, 33g carbs, 7g fiber, 7g sugars, 17g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes

Click to download a printer-friendly version!
Ingredients:

1 large low-fat, high-fiber, burrito-size tortilla with about 100 calories (like this kind by La Tortilla Factory)

1/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
Dash black pepper

4 thin slices plum tomato
4 fresh basil leaves
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.



Put tortilla on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until slightly crispy, 3 - 5 minutes per side. Leave oven on.

In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese with mozzarella cheese. Set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Immediately stir onion into cheese mixture. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.

Spread cheese-onion mixture evenly on top of the tortilla. Top with tomato slices and basil leaves. If you like, sprinkle with a dash of salt.

Return pizza to the oven and bake until hot, about 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy. Pizza for one!

MAKES 1 SERVING






No comments:

Post a Comment