Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jan. 12, 2012

Happiness doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
Happiness is looking beyond the imperfections.
Author, Unknown


Today's Healthy Eating Tip:
(I can't rotate this!!!!)


Start each day with a bowl of oatmeal!  I love Mom's Best Plain Grain oatmeal.  It is totally natural with no sugar added. I buy it at Sprouts.  I add a Tbsp. of ground flax seed and a Tbsp. of chia seeds.  Heat it for 2 minutes.  Add almond milk, raisins, and cinnamon!!!  Yummy!  It powers my workouts and keeps me full until lunch. You can look at the products and nutritional info at momsbestnaturals.com

We all know the importance of flax meal in our diet. Now, nutritionists are talking about the benefits of chai seeds.  Just one Tbsp. of these little black miracle workers contains 6g of fiber and 2g of protein.  The cool thing is that when you mix them with liquid, they soften into a gel like consistency.  I have started mixing them into everything!!


My New Kick Butt Workout!

I just started a new weight training workout last week.  It is called The 30 Day Knockout Total Body Workout. I have seriously seen results in just 2 weeks! AMAZING!  I found it in this month's issue of Fitness RX magazine.  Check it out at www.fitnessRxmag.com, or pick up the real thing at any store! Try it and let me know if it works for you!


Krazy Mommy Moment(s)

Just in case you were wondering, I am definitely out of the running for Mother of the Year!!!  

Parental Failure #1:  Porter (my 5 year old) and I have a standing Thursday date at Chick Fil a each week.  He was playing in the playground (so I thought) and I was chatting with friends at the table.   It was 50 degrees today, so the snow was melting and people were tracking in slush.  I glanced up and my son, whom I thought was playing was "skating" in bare feet through the puddles of disgusting, dirty melted snow!  Not near the play area mind you!  All around the tables of much more attentive mothers!! I was mortified!  Needless to say, he got a thorough bath when we got home!

Parental Failure #2: I am still chatting at the table at Chick Fil a (do you see a pattern here?) when my cell rings.  I don't recognize the number, so I reject the call and just keep on gabbing.  On my way home, I check my voice mail. IT WAS THE SCHOOL NURSE! Apparently my daughter had a stomach ache and needed to come home.  She ended up on the cot in the school clinic for over an hour while I chatted, and Porter played ice capades at a fast food restaurant!!!!!  What kind of parent am I?  Wait, don't answer that!



3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, I can't believe Porter is 5!! Great job Stacey, can't wait to see what other tips you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! I love looking at the pictures of Ivy on Facebook! Except for the one where Darren made her explode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha! I can't stop laughing.That is a classic P.J. moment. Love it! We all have to have those moments or life would be boring eh?!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete