Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
Tommy Lasorda

Krazy Mommy Moment:

I have come to a conclusion as I sit here on my bed watching Everybody Loves Raymond ( sadly, this is what I do nightly after I put my kids to bed). I am Deborah Barrone!  Seriously!  I'm a little bit crazy, over react to almost everything, have anxiety issues, and am a little bit of a control freak!  Even though I love her character on the show, I DON'T WANT TO BE HER.  HELP!!!


Fitness Tip:

I LOVE to lift weights!  I love the way that my muscles feel when I push myself, I love the strength that I feel after a workout, and I love the tone and definition lifting gives my body. Cardio, on the other hand, I HATE!  I really and truly dread my cardio sessions each day.  Today I decided to change things up a bit and add  a Kickboxing class  into my routine once a week.  It was a great workout, and it was pretty fun!  I am usually not a class fan, but I really enjoyed myself this morning.  When I got home, I looked up how many calories I burned in one class. You burn 547.71 calories during 60 minutes of Kickboxing. Not too bad for a cardio session!  I think I will start swimming after class next week. Time to start training for my triathlon in August! 

Today's Healthy Recipe:

If you are anything like me, sometimes you just need a cookie!  These are super easy to make, gluten free, and sooooo good.  I made these on Sunday and wanted to take a picture to show you, but my family gobbled them all up before I could! 

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
1 C unsalted almond butter (I have made them with natural peanut butter too)
3/4 C Sucanat (dried cane juice)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 oz. natural dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, stir together first seven ingredients until blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoon fulls onto Pam sprayed baking sheets.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes. 

Totally Clean and DELICIOUS!!  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment