Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012


Stupid Krazy Mommy Moment:

So, last night I was working on a bulletin board at church.  I had my kids with me, as well as watching a few others (when you have 3, what are a few more?).  Anyway, I ran out of staples and went into the supply closet to find more.  Instead, I found a heavy duty staple gun! Well, stupid me, I shot my @%#&%! hand with a staple!  It went straight into my palm.  I kind of just looked at it for a minute feeling shocked.  Could I really be that dumb?  Yes, actually I am!  I pried it out with my fingernails and two little bubbles of blood appeared.  I went to bed with some ice and thought it would be OK by morning.  Guess again!  My fingers on my hand are soooo sore!  I must have hit a tendon or something.  Tetanus?  Can't remember the last one I had.  Sometimes I feel that I need constant supervision! 

Diet Tip:

Many of you have face booked with questions with exercise and diet questions since my last blog.  That is great!  It means that you are ready for a change.  Regular exercise is key to healthy bodies and weight loss, but no one will see the results that you want without a total diet makeover!  All of your hard work at the gym will be in vain unless you give your body the right balance of healthy clean foods. Check out one of my favorite, motivational websites at eatcleandiet.com.  Here are the basics of clean eating:

What is The Eat-Clean Diet®?

Eating Clean is treating your body right.
It is eating the way nature intended. You eat the foods our bodies evolved to function best on, and that makes you feel – and look – fantastic. When you Eat Clean you eat more often. You will eat lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. These practices keep your blood-sugar levels stable and keep you satisfied. The best part is that if you need to lose weight it will happen almost without you having to try. And yes, you can have a treat now and again.
Best of all, Eating Clean keeps you feeling great and full of energy. In fact, you can forget all about the days when “dieting” meant feelings of hunger, lethargy or deprivation.
Eating Clean is not a fad; it’s a way of life. When you Eat Clean your body will react by losing weight if you need to lose, maintaining a healthy weight if that’s where you are, and even gaining weight if you are too skinny. But regardless of whether you want to lose, maintain or gain, you will feel better than you ever have before.
Never worry about counting calories again. You will never have to diet. Eating Clean will keep you lean and healthy for the rest of your long life. Eating Clean guarantees results! 

Super Easy Recipe:
The Eat-Clean Diet
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken

4 servings
Calories per serving: 481
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 69 g
Fiber: 11g
Protein: 42g

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Cup black beans
1 Cup corn kernels
1 small jar organic salsa
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 cups cooked brown rice

Preparation:

Add all ingredients except rice to slow cooker.  Mix and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.  Serve with cooked brown rice.

To add a little spice, add some jalapeno!


2 comments:

  1. Ok. So I know I am one of not very many that doesn't face book so you get to have my comments here. Love the clean diet info. I have always tried to shop from the outer rim areas of the grocery store and this website is fabulous and has tons of delicious sounding recipes that incorporate all of that good for you food! It doesn't have all of that stuff with preservatives and "extra stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments Jo! You have always been good with feeding your family healthy foods! Maybe that is why you are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete