Wednesday, January 11, 2012

OK, so here goes!  My first entry! I doubt anyone will read this except my mom!  Love you MOM! 

My Krazy Mommy Moment:

My sweet, wonderful husband gave me a gift card for a massage and facial for Christmas.  Awesome right?  Well, I made my appointment and immediately started to feel the GUILT!!!! This is a feeling that most moms feel quite often I have discovered (No, you are not the only one).  I first started feeling guilty about skipping my workout today.  A whole body  weight training circut no less!!!!  How in the world will I make up for all of those calories NOT burned?  So, I get to the salon, strip and lie there naked and completely exposed. Not a feeling most women enjoy. The massage starts.  I should be in complete bliss right?  Except, I am not thinking about the heaven that my body is experiencing, I am thinking about the list of "TO DOs" not getting "TO DONE"!  (Also, I would not recommend drinking a 32 oz. Diet Coke before a 2 hour salon session.  There are no bathroom breaks!).  My massage session ends and the soreness from the past week's workouts is alleviated!  Bliss....YES!  The facial starts and I start to feel guilty about not taking better care of my skin.  Too much Diet Coke and not enough water, the days that I don't shower after a morning workout until 9:00 at night, etc. By the end of the two hours, my body felt totally awesome, and my face was glowing!  Did the guilt stop?  No! Did I still have to go to the bathroom?  YES! 


Lesson learned:  I need to enjoy the rare moments of self pampering without feeling guilty!



Helthy Recipe of the day:

Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast

1/4 Cup egg whites
1/4 Cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop chocolate protien powder
1 tsp. vanilla
2 slices Ezekiel bread with protien
2 Tbs. natural peanut butter
Virgin coconut oil for pan

Mix  the eggs, milk, protien powder and vanilla in shallow dish. Let the bread soak in the mixture on both sides.  Heat a pan to medium heat.  Melt the coconut oil in pan (smooth a little on your lips and cuticles too).  Place soaked bread lices on the pan.  Cook on both sides until they are not soggy.  Remove from heat, spread peanut butter on bread and enjoy!!!!

I ate this for dinner tonight!  Tons of protien and DELICIOUS!!


Fitness Tip of the Day:


NONE!  I feel guilty about that too!





12 comments:

  1. *Like* followed your FB link, I do the same at a massage, wish I could relax more. I have a health blog as well www.brca-mystory.blogspot.com. I am sharing my experience with whole health after my parents both died in their 50's of disease. I don't want to walk the same path and plan to stay healthy through whole nutrition. Cami Ellis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cami. Thanks for checking out my blog! I looked at your link as well. You have been through a lot. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your real life experiences that connect with moms everywhere! Your insight shines love! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Stace!! You will inspire many women. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawny!!!!!! It has been really fun for me to write!

      Delete
  4. Love it! Looking forward to more post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the guilt that we can't let swallow us whole! You have lots of good info to share. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi friend! I am looking forward to a totaly GUILT FREE weekend in My!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Stacey, this is Lisa, Niki's friend. She just told me about your blog...I'm looking forward to snatching some healthy recipes from you! Good job starting a blog! I too don't think I have anything interesting to say, turns out you actually do though :). Good luck, can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete